The publisher of the Accident Reconstruction Journal and Accident Investigation Quarterly, Victor Craig, has authorized NAPARS to sell individual articles from the magazine's back catalog. Contact the administrator, Wade Bartlett, at admin@NAPARS.ORG for more information.
The 2020 Joint Conference registration is now open.
Details can be found at the event page: https://www.napars.org/events
All Reference Library links have been updated. Visit the MEMBERS ONLY page to access the library, as well as the ARJ and AIQ catalogs.
The annual Joint Conference on the east coast will be hosted by NAPARS for 2020 in Ocean City, Maryland in October. The combined associations boast over 1,200 professionals from the crash reconstruction profession, including both law enforcement and private consultants. This year’s conference will include expert professional breakout sessions, live crash testing and excellent networking opportunities.
NAPARS is currently soliciting professional vendor sponsors for the conference. Sponsorship will include:
· A centralized and high traffic vendor table with chairs and power in the main banquet dining hall
· A 15-minute presentation to the attendees showcasing your products
· Product information provided to all attendees
· Attendee contact list provided to all vendors
· Conference attendance fee and most meals for one attendee
All for only $399!
In addition, professional vendors also have opportunities to increase their sponsorship and exposure to attendees by adding on a bonus sponsorship with items such as logo inclusion on conference merchandise or hosting a social activity, snack break, or meal.
Contact Adam Hyde for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Joint Conference, hosted by NAPARS
DATES: Oct 7,8,9 (Wed. to Fri.)
COST: $299 for members of the 5 supporting groups, ITAI or EVU, $399 for others.
LOCATION: Grand Hotel, in Ocean City MD
Mention the NAPARS Joint Conference for the group rate:
$69 - No view, but a fine room.
$79 - Partial View
$89 - Full Ocean View
Live crash tests will be conducted by Brad Muir and his team.
More details will follow as we firm up speakers and schedules.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING / EVENTS
Tire Forensics class by T.J.Tennant ($250 per person), October 5 and 6
ACTAR Prep class, Oct 5
ACTAR Test, Oct 6
More news as it becomes available!
In hopes of expanding our audience to more youthful folks who hang out on other platforms besides facebook, I've started an Instagram page here: https://www.instagram.com/napars1/ I'm still trying to figure out how to use that to best advantage. Maybe I should recruit a 20-something to help? Wish me luck. Peace. -Wade, admin.
All NAPARS members in good standing as of 7/15/19 have been sent the latest issue of The Accident Reconstruction Journal, direct from the publisher, Victor Craig. If you haven't seen it yet, check your spam box, Vic works hard to get through the various filters, but sometimes even his best efforts are thwarted.
Features this month include:
The latest NAPARS News, July 2019, is OUT. I have emailed a copy to all active members, and posted it in the Reference Library, found here: https://www.napars.org/reference-library after logging into the webpage.
Sections this month include:
- The President's Message
- Use It Or Lose It practice problems
- The Mailbox Review
- Passings and Transitions.
- Andy Rich and Michelle Fish-Rich authored an introductory article on Monte Carlo analysis.
- The "Blast From The Past" is a 1992 article on calculating bicycle speed from gear by David Tyler (compliments of Victor Craig at The Accident Reconstruction Journal, Thanks, Vic!).
- My Miscellaneous Ramblings column discusses my favorite books (both recon-related and not).
- The newsletter editor, Susan, has a message and a request for members.
We hope you enjoy it.
NAPARS, PO Box 866Farmington NH