Tire Forensics Class with T. J. Tennent
NAPARS is pleased to announce that the 3-day "Tire Forensics Class" with T.J. Tennent is happening!
WHERE: Doubletree by Hilton, Chattanooga TN
WHEN: March 24 - March 26, 2021, 8am-5pm each day
COST: just $225.00 for any NAPARS member, 300 for non-members.
3-days of tire information from one of the country's preeminent tire experts!
T.J. retired from Bridgestone/Firestone recently, and brings a lifetime of valuable knowledge and information to assist accident reconstructionists.
Expected topics include:
- Tire Performance Requirements
- UTQG (Uniform Tire Quality Grading)
- Air Pressure Effects on Tires
- Tire Application Guidelines
- P-Metric vs Euro-Metric vs Light Truck
- Truck/Bus Radial (TBR) Basics
- Tire/Rim Load Capacity Vs. GAWR
- Failure Analysis (Hands on)
Attendees are encouraged to bring notebooks.
Attendees will be on their own for meals. There are loads of restaurants in and around the hotel.
The Doubletree by Hilton, 407 Chestnut St., Chattanooga TN 37402 has offered a group rate of $132/night (plus tax) for folks who want to stay right where the class is. You can make your reservations one of three ways:
1. Call the hotel direct at (423) 756-5150 and press option 1. Provide the reservations desk with the arrival date and group name NAPARS-Tire Class
2. Click this URL and enter the arrival and departure dates to begin the reservation process http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/C/CHACHDT-NAP-20210323/index.jhtml
3. Log on to www.Chattanooga.DoubleTree.com. Enter your arrival date and departure date and then click on “Add special rate codes.” In the “Group code” field, enter your group code, which is NAP. The group information will pull up and you will be able to continue the reservation process.
Hotel parking: Valet $17, Self $13, and daily event $5.
T.J. recently published "The Collision Reconstructionist's Essential Tire Guide, How to Identify and Document Crucial Tire-Related Evidence". You can purchase your copy in the registration link and the book will be handed out at the class.
Passenger and Light Truck Tire Conditions Manual This clear, easy-to-read manual will assist everyone who wishes to expand their knowledge of the potential causes of different tire conditions. This is the book used by engineers in virtually every tire manufacturing company. Click here to visit TIA's store
In class, T.J. also refers to The Tire and Rim Association Annual Yearbook which contains TRA Standards and related information for tires, rims, and allied parts for ground vehicles. Get your copy here: http://www.us-tra.org/publications.html
As a warm-up, members can watch the 2-hour presentation on tires that he gave for our 2020 Virtual Conference. It is located in the Reference Library, under the Conference tab.